Worker’s Compensation is a benefit program that pays for medical treatment and wages lost due to work-related injuries or illnesses.  Employees must report the injury or illness to their supervisor (employer) as soon as possible, and get any medical attention needed.

Worker’s Compensation Covers UWGB Contact
  • Medical treatment resulting from your work-related injury or illness
  • Lost wages
  • Compensation for permanent disabilities
  • Vocational rehabilitation
Workers Compensation Coordinator
Human Resources, CL 710
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Phone: (920) 465-2390
Fax: (920) 465-5104
Email: hr@uwgb.edu 

Caution:  filing a worker’s compensation claim does not guarantee an automatic approval for coverage.  Filing a claim with the appropriate documents will ensure a prompt review. 

Filing a Workers Compensation Claim

Employees who are injured while on the job are required to report work related accidents or injuries within 24-hours of the time of the accident or injury.   The employee's supervisor will also be required to fill out a report on the incident.

  1. Fill out the required forms
Employee Supervisor
  1. Submit to Workers Compensation
Email to hr@uwgb.edu or deliver to Human Resources Department, C710
Submitting a claim starts the worker’s compensation process.  Your claim will be promptly reviewed to determine if the injury is work related.
Approved:  If the claim is determined to be work related, your employer will begin coverage and payment for the costs.  Review What Does Workers Compensation Cover.
Denied:  If your claim is denied, you will be notified.  If you disagree with the decision about a denial and cannot resolve a claim dispute with your employer, you have certain appeal rights.  See Limitations and Denials.

Understanding Your Responsibilities

Read through What if you are Injured at Work to understand your responsibilities.  Depending on the nature of your injury or claim, you may want to have a better understanding of what you’ll expect relating to medical, lost time, and the On Campus Care program.  Use the links below for additional information:
Medical Treatment
Lost Time
Rehabilitation & Injury Care Program

Related Sites

UW Green Bay Human Resources
The University of Wisconsin System Administration OSLP
Wisconsin Worker's Compensation Division