Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements for admission? 
A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from an international institution is required, along with a 3.0 grade point average, a UW System application form and the $56 application fee. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission. The Ed.D in First Nations Education will require a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Check each program for additional requirements, such as pre-recs.

How do I pay the application fee? 
The application fee is $56 USD. It is a non-refundable payment and can be paid by credit card in the online electronic application. Applicants may also send a check or U.S. money order payable to UW-Green Bay at: 
Office of Graduate Studies
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay WI 54311

Do you waive application fees? 
UW-Green Bay will pay the graduate school application fee only for McNair Scholars. To receive this benefit, request an application fee payment form from your undergraduate McNair Scholars contact or download a copy. The form must be signed by the McNair program official. 
If you are a McNair Scholar, when completing the UW System application, simply skip the application fee payment section. Completed fee forms should be emailed directly to UW-Green Bay Office of Graduate Studies or mailed to:
Office of Graduate Studies
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay WI 54311  
Once we receive your form, your application will be updated in our system to confirm the payment requirement has been completed.

How much is tuition at UW-Green Bay? 
Please visit the tuition rates for the current term on the Bursar's website

How can I pay for my graduate program?
There are a few ways students can utilize opportunities at UW-Green Bay to help cover the costs of their program. Under Student Resources, there is information about different Grants and Assistantships available. Some students may be eligible for the Phoenix Scholar Award, which provides a discounted tuition rate to qualified non-resident graduate students. In addition, multiple scholarships are available to graduate students which are listed here, but students should also inquire within their program if there are program-specific scholarships available.

What if I'm only interested in taking 1 or 2 courses?
You can! You can browse our Graduate course catalog here. To learn more about a course, or how to register for individual courses, please contact us.

What if I am interested in pursuing a certificate?
To view our current certificate offerings, click here.  Please check back often, as we are continually expanding our offerings!

How do I learn more about a specific program I'm interested in?
Contact us! We will connect you to a program advisor.

I am an international applicant. What information do I need to provide?
Please visit the International Graduate Students Admissions page for more details. 

When is the application deadline? 
Application deadlines may vary from program to program. It is important to check the deadlines on the program page for more details. If you are an international student requesting a visa, please contact the Office of International Education for more information on the process and deadlines.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. 

Where do I send my transcripts? 
All official transcripts must be sent to UW-Green Bay directly from the institution that issued the transcript. If requesting electronic transcripts, please have the institution send to If transcripts are in paper format, please have the institution mail directly to:
Office of Graduate Studies 
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay WI 54311

I attended multiple institutions, do I need to send all of my transcripts? 
Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions of higher learning from which 9 or more credits have been attempted are required.* If you attended less than 9 credits you do not have to send an official transcript unless the courses completed were pre-requisites for the program. Study abroad transcripts are not required if a student attended an international University for one or fewer semesters. The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay retains the right to request additional official transcripts from all/or additional postsecondary institutions of higher learning attended by an applicant.

*Applicants for First Nations Education and Athletic Training must submit transcripts from all institutions attended. 

What is a letter of evaluation and how do I submit it? 
Traditional letters of recommendation are not required by all programs so it is important to check the Graduate Admissions website or program website for details. The letter of evaluation is a fillable pdf form with standardized questions for your reference to complete. The forms can be found on the program websites and on the Graduate Admissions website. The applicant will initiate the form by completing the top portion and then sending to their references. The references will then complete the rest of the form and email directly to the Office of Graduate Studies at or mail to:
Office of Graduate Studies
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay WI 54311 

How do I check my application status? 
Within a week of submitting your application, you will receive an email Letter of Acknowledgement containing a Campus ID and Application Number to help you check the status of your application and provide a link to the letter of evaluation form, if your program requires one. 
This status check will tell you where your application is in the review process. Specifically, you can learn how to complete your application, or if your application is complete and being reviewed by our program admission committees. 

Are graduate assistantships available?
There are Assistantships available for some programs. Please visit our Graduate Assistantships Page for More Information.

Can I transfer credits?
A maximum of 15 credits of graduate coursework completed at other institutions can be applied toward a UW-Green Bay master’s degree. Individual programs may accept fewer credits. Transfer courses can be approved by graduate faculty as direct equivalences to UW-Green Bay graduate courses. If granted as graduate elective credit to meet a program requirement, a course substitution is made. All outcomes, once approved, should be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar to be transacted on the academic record.

Is there a minimum continuing academic requirement?
Yes. A student is in good academic standing if the student's cumulative grade point average is 3.00 or greater. At the end of each semester, the Office of Graduate Studies reviews the records of all registered, active graduate students. Every student is expected to maintain at least a 3.00 GPA on all work carried in every term, including summer session. Students who fail to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 will face academic warnings, probation, or suspension.

When do classes begin? 
Please check the registration and academic calendar on the Registrar's website

Are there child care options near campus?
This information is for informational purposes only. The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not represent directly or indirectly, that any product or service listed above has been approved or is endorsed by the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, any employee, agent, or officer.
Just 4 Kids Child Care Center
Infant to Preschool
1.7 miles from campus
Contact: (920) 468-5626

Bright Beginnings Child Care
Infant to 13 y/o 
6.0 miles from campus 
Contact: (920) 469-1587

Encompass Early Education and Care
Infant to 12 y/o 
4.2 miles from campus 
Contact: (920) 436-7549

Celebration Academy 
Pre-k to Kindergarten
2.8 miles from campus
Contact: (920) 468-1122

Phoenix Cares
Phoenix Childcare Support Program
Contact: (920) 465-2152 /